We’d love to be the first ones to welcome you to the lovely city of Miami! Congratulations on deciding to move here! Though, with every move comes the stress of the moving day itself. There are a number of things which you can do in order to prepare for it. So, this week we will hopefully give you some insight into your Miami moving day. We will cover topics from one of the best moving companies Miami to what to consider when moving to the city. So, without further ado, let us answer the big question of: how to prepare for your Miami moving day?
Prepare for your Miami moving day by making the big decision
Every move has huge decisions. However, we need you to make up your mind on a big one before you even start packing. Here’s the question: How will I move? In other words, in order to prepare for your moving day, you need to know if you will be contacting professional movers or making a DIY move. So, here are a few tips on how to make this decision:
- Do you have a big car?
- How much money is in your moving budget?
- Is your Miami moving day close?
- How much stuff have you got to move?
- Can you actually do the move on your own?
Now that you’ve considered these questions, you probably know if you will be using professional movers or making the relocation on your own. But, there are still things to do in order to prepare for your Miami moving day. If you are hiring movers, you are in luck. There are a number of cheap and affordable movers Miami that you can choose from. So, here’s another checklist for your Miami moving day:
- Call at least five movers for an estimate for your move
- Check their credibility
- Prepare your belongings for the move
- Take inventory of your belongings as they are loaded
- Have your new, Miami address written for the movers
- Tip the movers after they’ve helped you with moving
And, in case you have decided on a DIY move, here is a useful checklist for your Miami moving day:
- Call at least five rental truck companies for your move
- Check the reviews of their former customers
- See if you need to rent a storage, as well
- Prepare your belongings before the moving truck arrives on relocation day
- Take inventory of your belongings as you load them
- Drive safe!
If you want to be ready for your Miami relocation day, you should have a plan
As you surely know by now, every move begins with a good plan. Before your Miami moving day, you should prepare accordingly. So, we would advise that you plan out your budget and set specific days for everything you need to do. If you’ve already decided on how much time you will spend packing, add at least 10% of that to the total time. Trust us, there will be unexpected things popping up as soon as you start to prepare for your Miami moving day! And, in the end, remember to leave a day without the messiness of the packing or preparing, just to spend it with your friends and family before the relocating day!
In order to prepare for your Miami relocation day, you should start packing on time
If you think that packing a suitcase for a holiday is messy business, wait till you see this! Packing for the Miami moving day is by no means a small feat. You own more belongings than you think that you do. And, as soon as you start going through them, you will find yourself a bit lost in what to put where and what to keep and what not. So, let us give you some tips:
- Start packing early
- Begin packing for your Miami moving day from the least used room
- Be sure to label all the boxes
- To prepare for the move, don’t only label the contents of the box – but also the right side up
- Be sure to decide if you need to keep some of the less used things
- What you won’t need for your Miami moving day, sell, donate or give away
- To prepare for the moving day, be sure to dismantle all the furniture on time
When you prepare for your Miami moving day, you don’t need to do it on your own
Remember that first time you moved out of your parents’ house and into the college dorm? Yeah, you didn’t do that one on your own either. So, in order to properly prepare for your Miami moving day, be sure to contact your friends and family. They will be quite useful during the packing and the relocation, and, they will make the process more fun. In the end, after you’re done, don’t forget to give them a reward, though. We would suggest that you sort out the things which you won’t be taking with you that are in good condition or have sentimental value and offer them to your helpers. This way of preparing for your move will not only be cheaper, but make great memories!
Finally, you should prepare for the Miami moving day
The relocation day itself is the biggest hurdle of them all. The planning and the packing and the helping might seem difficult. However, it is on the day of your Miami move that you will experience the most panic and forgetfulness. So, to prevent this extra stress, we’ve made you yet another short checklist to help you out on your way to Miami!
- Are you packed?
- Do you have someone to watch your children/pets on the day of the move?
- Do you have your inventory checklist ready?
- Are the movers/rental truck on time?
- Do you have your new Miami address ready for them, as well as your contact number?
- Are your valuables and everyday items with you?
- Do you have the cash to give the movers at the ready?
- Do you have the tip ready, as well?
- Have you told your future landlord/old owners when you are arriving?
And with this, you will know how to prepare for your Miami moving day!